Mobile Laboratories for the energy transition
Many countries have set themselves ambitious goals to counter man-made climate change. The Energy transition to renewable energies (RE) takes place worldwide and more and more renewables are installed at all levels of the electric grids. Generators are meeting a wide range of requirements from system operation and stability up to security concerns. Consequently grid codes for connection of renewables are updated and refined continuously worldwide.
Fraunhofer IEE is one of the leading R&D Institutes accompanying the German and international energy transition for more than 30 years. The Institute is developing and testing new equipment and operation strategies for grids on all voltage levels and is offering his large experience in smart grid laboratory design and development as services and well-tailored products to enable other parties and players to reach their goals in the race against climate change.
Fraunhofer IEE offers support in the definition of requirements, the design and set-up of a FRT test equipment suitable for the local situation and regulation and can provide related capacity building and training activities. The FRT test equipment is used to characterize the behaviour of generating units in case of grid faults with under- and over-voltage conditions.
Why is Fraunhofer IEE the right partner for you?
- Extensive knowledge of Smart Grid technologies
- Knowledge of current national and international developments
- Special knowledge of the current requirements and test methods for the network interface of decentralized generation plants and storage facilities
- Special knowledge of the current requirements and test methods for the ICT interface for decentralized generation plants and storage facilities
- Long experience in specifying laboratory components and setting up laboratories