/ January 01, 2013 - December 31, 2017
Demonstration of two floating wind turbine systems for power generation in Southern European deep waters
|Gamesa (Coordinator), IDEOL, Stuttgart Chair of Wind Energy (SWE) at the University of Stuttgart, ACCIONA Windpower, Navantia, Olav Olsen, RSK Environment Ltd., Greenovate! Europe, ACCIONA Energy
|European Commission (FP7)
|01.01.2013 - 31.12.2017
|P. Hochloff, A. Dreher, J. Bard, J.Giebhardt
Monitoring and testing of the operating systems in real open sea conditions, installation methods and processes, environmental impact, O&M cost validation, generating deep water offshore wind turbine know-how.
The FLOATGEN project aims to deliver a floating wind turbine system for waters with a depth greater than 40 m, utilising state of the art EU technologies in order to demonstrate the technical and economic feasibility of fitting a 2 MW turbine model on a ring-shaped surface-floating platform.
- Demonstrate innovative solutions of a multi-MW offshore wind turbine performing at deep waters over 40 m depth,
- Define and validate appropriate methods and processes for installation, operation and access,
- Assess and validate the environmental impact,
- Validate performance and cost of operation and maintenance,
- Model a pathway for the reduction of energy cost from floating offshore WT system until cost values are comparable with fixed offshore wind structures and develop a roadmap,
- Ensure replicability in other deep offshore locations and transfer knowledge between the partnering wind turbine manufacturers.