IEE has an extensive infrastructure for parameter determination for the simulation of electrochemical energy storage systems. This includes:
- Automated charging and discharging facilities in various current and voltage ranges (time domain).
- Impedance spectroscopy workstations (frequency domain)
- Various climate chambers
- Measurement and safety technology
The laboratory infrastructure allows the model-based determination of all relevant electrochemical parameters of new and aged Li-ion and lead-acid batteries.
These facilities are complemented by various battery emulators that enable reproducible and safe hardware-in-the-loop tests of different electrical systems:
- Battery emulator with roller test bench for e-vehicle battery packs.
- Battery emulator for starter batteries
- Battery emulator for PV battery systems
- Battery emulator for testing and verification of algorithms on passive and active battery management systems (emulation of each individual battery cell)