Summit / August 21, 2024 - August 23, 2024
PELSS Power Electronics Student Summit
The Power Electronics Student Summit is a specialist conference in the field of power electronics - organized by Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg (H-BRS) in cooperation with the Fraunhofer IEE. The conference enables students to gain initial experience in the preparation, publication and discussion of their own research work in front of a specialist audience.
The next conference will take place in Kassel from August 21 to 23, 2024, organized by H-BRS and Fraunhofer IEE. Participation is open to doctoral candidates and enrolled students from all universities. Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore research database. The conference will be held in English. Papers from 2022 can be viewed here: Power and Energy Student Summit
The PELSS is intended as a platform for young scientists. Therefore, we encourage young professionals and PhD students pursuing their Master's or Ph.D. degree to submit their scientific papers. All submitted papers will be reviewed by an expert committee and considered for presentation at the conference.
In addition, prizes will be awarded to participants for the best paper and presentation.
Information on the 2022 conference at the University of Kassel can be found here.
Check-in and welcome event on August 21, 2024
The following list of topics is relevant for PELSS 2024:
- Power electronics for grids, smart grids and stand-alone grids
- Control strategies for a sustainable, resilient and reliable grid
- Renewable energy systems: Wind, photovoltaics and other solutions
- Power electronics for storage systems and hydrogen applications
- Power electronics for e-mobility
- Components, converter modeling and topologies, design and low-level control
- Use of sustainable materials in power converter solutions
If you have any other exciting topics related to power electronics: Please submit them!